Oct 22, 2010

1 Quarter 2 Plays

The dream of dreams on the Donation Manifestation wish list is a working arcade cabinet video game. Any game, really, would just be amazing. I seriously doubt it will ever happen, but I've been forced revise my pessimism on the subject when this miracle strolled into the sorting room:


Hi-Score Pool (1971) has got to be one of the lamest pinball games ever manufactured. The flippers shoot the ball under a panel where you can't see it, and if it seems to pass under a lighted billiard ball, the lights go out. Once you get all the balls to go out... they go back on again and the game continues. On and on and on. 
After about 15 minutes of this I started to feel ripped-off, even though it was set to "free" mode.



Aesthetically it is has some allright graphics and everything lights up and works, which is a miracle, so I shouldn't complain. But still, of all the working pinball games to come into my life, it had to be the most boring one ever. Even the guys at the Pinball Museum up north didn't want it.

No comments: